Where does the time go?! I feel like I say this every time I write an update.
This week, we’ve been hearing from Mike Brown and Jasen Chung about missions and the apostolic call. Students and staff alike are really enjoying their teaching. We are learning about Loving God, Loving Community and Loving the Lost. This is what being a Jesus follower is about. If we are missing one of these elements, we should question if we are really following Jesus. Tonight, we are going to do a 12 hour burn (a time of intense intercession) for a ministry we are going to do next week.
I’ll share shortly about some things God has done recently.
- Generosity night – People gave all kinds of things: ipods, clothes, painting supplies, paintings, Haitian jewelry, shoes, computers, money, snacks, backpacks.
- Joseph taught on identity last week and I believe it really shifted the thinking of a lot of the students.
- The Benin/Togo team was able to purchase their tickets this week – please be praying for their transit visa appointment with the US embassy.
- The Brazil team is finishing up their visa process and is looking for airline tickets (we’re praying for $900 tickets, please join us in this)
- The Jamaica team is still trying to find a cheaper charter line since the original company kept raising the original price they quoted – please join us in prayer for that.
- Details are being hammered out for the 3 Haiti/Dominican Republic teams.
- Team Somewhere is looking into a charter line to go to Guatemala this morning, so please pray for us in that. Also be praying that details will work out for our first month to go to a location in the Dominican Republic.
- The Lord blessed me with some things this weekend. One being Michael treated Erika, Jenessa, Jesselyn and I to a hotel Friday night. We had pizza and got to swim in the morning. The other was that Sarah, my Haiti sister from St. Marc, got to come stay the night last night. She is such a blessing in my life and I have been so encouraged sharing and talking with her today.